The president, Oliver von Borstel, of the Swiss Chamber of Commerce in The Netherlands has visited the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce in Florida, as part of a business trip to the United States. Important viewpoints about the possibilities of business development were shared.
Florida interesting for businessmen who want to form international business companies. The opportunities for success in the state are limitless due to a variety of incentives being offered to startup companies in Florida. Tax benefits play a crucial role in attracting new businesses to the state. When businessmen register a new business in Florida, they will be able to benefit from the highly stable as well as favourable tax climate the state offers:
- No corporate income tax on subchapter S-corporations and Limited Partnerships
- Exemption of capital stock from corporate franchise tax
- Exemption of business inventories from property tax
- Exemption of goods-in-transit from property tax for a period of 180 days
- Exemption of any goods produced or manufactured in Florida specifically for international trade from Sales and Use tax
- Businesses can benefit from sales and use tax exemptions on machinery and equipment for R&D, certain types of boiler fuels including natural gas, machinery and equipment used for expanding business, and much more.
- When a person registers a new company in Florida, the business can benefit from pass-through taxation under which businesses are not taxed as it gets passed on to the individual.
The bottom line is that the state of Florida provides important benefits from infrastructure to economic stability, and business friendly laws.
Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce
The Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce represents 800 businesses, professionals & individuals in Lee County, Florida. Our members are located in Cape Coral, Bonita Springs, Sanibel and Captiva Islands, Fort Myers Beach, Lehigh Acres, Estero, Naples and many other areas. We invite you to learn more about our chamber, our city and our members.
Southwest Florida is a favorite visitor destination and it’s also the ideal place to relocate and start a business. Family friendly and filled with activities and amenities for all ages, the Greater Fort Myers community embraces a dedicated commitment to quality of life.