CEO of the ECDC attends an important conference in Kiev
On 15 April 2022, the CEO of the European Chamber of Digital Commerce, R.A.U. Juchter van Bergen Quast, attended an important international conference in Kiev: Postwar World: People, Problems, Values.
Professor dr. Victor Andrushchenko, Rector of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine, opened the conference.
Thank you to each and every one of you for being here with us today. I am delighted to declare this conference open to all of you. A warm welcome to all who have made an effort to attend this conference, and hearty thanks to all those who worked to make this event possible.
On February 24, 2022, a new stage of the Russian-Ukrainian war began—a large-scale Russian invasion of Ukrainian territory. Thousands killed both military and civilian civilians. War brings pain, death, destruction. Today, Ukraine needs the support and help of the world to defeat the enemy in the struggle for freedom, independence, peace, and security. Many issues need to be addressed and discussed urgently with international colleagues on a scientific level. Therefore, the International Scientific and Practical Internet Conference “Postwar World: People, Problems, Values” was held at the National Pedagogical Dragomanov University,Professor dr. Victor Andrushchenko, opening words.
The following is a list of prominent persons who have attended the conference:
- Serhiy Shkarlet, Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine
- Vadym Gutzayt, Minister of Youth and Sports of Ukraine
- Viktor Yushchenko, Chairman of the University Supervisory Board, Third President of Ukraine
- Oleksiy Ivchenko, Deputy Chairman
- Vasyl Kremin, President of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences, Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Doctor of Philosophy.
- Moritz Hunzinger, honorary Professor of Public Relations and Communications, philanthropist
- Stanislav Dovgy, President of the Academy of Sciences
- Pavlo Movchan, Chairman of the Taras Shevchenko All-Ukrainian Enlightenment Society
- Konstantin Vashchenko, MP of Ukraine of the I-VI convocations, Doctor of Political Sciences, Professor, Corresponding Member of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine
- Maxim Tymoshenko. Rector of the Petro Tchaikovsky National Academy of Music of Ukraine
Drahomanov Viktor Andrushchenko, rector of the NPU made a report on the philosophical reflection of the future post-war world. He stressed that in any situation, especially in war, we must work, provide students with quality education, develop research, and strengthen international contacts with leading foreign universities, teachers, and scientists. The civilized peoples of the world must provide effective safeguards for the very existence of the Russian aggressor in the space of civilization.
Oleksandr Potylchak, Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor, Head of the Department of Source Studies and Special Historical Disciplines of the National Pedagogical University named after M.P. Drahomanov, reported on the prospects of Ukraine in the dynamics of changes in the postwar world order (1945-2022).
Oleksandr Lysenko, Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor, Head of the Department of History of Ukraine during the Second World War of the Institute of History of Ukraine of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, spoke about racism as an imperial ideology and practice.
Kateryna Bulchyk, Chair of the Student Parliament of the M.P. Drahomanov National Pedagogical University, talked about the everyday life and volunteerism of the student body during the war.
- Panos Eliopoulos – Doctor of Philosophy, Associate Professor, Ioannina University (Greece) and the Open University of Cyprus: “Is democracy possible without subordination? Political Freedom and Arbitrariness in the Postwar World / Is Democracy Possible without Subordination? Political Freedom and Arbitrariness in a post-war world “
- António da Costa de Albuquerque de Sousa Lara – Professor, Doctor, President of the Portuguese Academy of Literature and Arts: “Putin’s war is a wake-up call for all of us“
- Humberto Nuno Lopes Mendes de Oliveira – Professor, Doctor President of the Academy of Faleristics of Portugal: “The Ukrainian war: the loss of security and return to compulsory military service in Europe? / The Ukrainian war: the loss of security and return to mandatory military service in Europe?“
- Viktor Možgin – Researcher, Institute for Intercultural Studies, Jagiellonian University in Kraków: “The education system in Poland for Ukrainian students – the present and prospects for future development.“
Other important lectures
- Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Ukraine, Doctor of History, Borys Humenyuk made a report on the role and place of Ukraine in the new European security system.
- Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Ukraine, Doctor of Philosophy, Valery Tsybukh spoke about the formation of Ukraine’s youth policy in the postwar years through international educational, cultural and tourism programs.
Address to the participants of the conference
Address to the participants of the International scientific-practical Internet conference “Post-war world: people, problems, values” National Pedagogical University named after MP Drahomanov, Kyiv, 15 April 2022
Dear colleagues, Ukrainians and friends of Ukraine!
The active phase of the eight-year war of the Russian Federation against Ukraine, which began on February 24, 2022, demonstrated to the world the meanness, insidiousness and cruelty of the imperial ideology and practice of modern Russian fascism. Unleashing unmotivated full-scale aggression against a democratic European nation and failing to defeat Ukraine’s armed forces in a conventional war, Putin’s Kremlin regime resorted to massive violations of international law, shelling and bombing, which resulted in numerous civilian casualties, torture and killings. and looting in the temporarily occupied territories.
The heroic resistance of the Ukrainian Army, the National Guard, the Territorial Defense Forces, and volunteer formations that, with the support and unity of the entire Ukrainian people, are waging a true Patriotic War for Freedom and Independence of their homeland, debunked the myth of invincibility. In the ranks of defenders of Ukraine, volunteers, volunteers Ukraine is defended by teachers, graduate students and students of the National Pedagogical University named after MP Drahomanov. The collapse of the new blitzkrieg, liberation from the occupiers of Kyiv, Chernihiv, Sumy and Mykolayiv, battles for Kherson, ongoing heroic defense of Kharkiv, Odessa, Mariupol, Ukrainian Donbass cities strengthened the faith of our people and the free world in the final victory of Ukraine over absolute evil.
Winning the war with Russia will inevitably change the architecture of the world order, and Ukraine will have a chance to become a key player in the new global security system. The severe socio-economic consequences of full-scale Russian aggression can be overcome by the combined efforts of Ukrainian society, the economy and the assistance of international partners. It is predicted that the role of science and pedagogical education in post-war Ukraine will be special.
The lines of the European Pedagogical Constitution that the unification process in the face of modern challenges and threats requires the formation of a modern subject of European life – a man capable of coexistence in a multicultural society in peace and harmony, based on the principles of freedom, humanism and justice. The historic chance to defeat Putin’s racism will make it possible to restore Ukraine’s territorial integrity, rebuild its economy and social sphere, and create the conditions for deep modernization of science and education. Ukraine, Europe and the world have no right not to take advantage of this historic opportunity. We call on scientists and educators of Europe and the world, all friends of Ukraine to support our state, help defeat the enemy, realize Ukraine’s Euro-Atlantic aspirations, and rebuild and modernize the scientific and educational spheres of our state.
Glory to Ukraine!University Press Service